Company Secretary Masterclass
Boards of directors need the right support to enable them to be effective members. They need to identify what support they need as well as the sources of the same. All boards should aim to deliver effective entrepreneurial leadership which requires high quality, relevant and timely support for effective decisions and set strategy.
The executive team and in particular the Board/Company Secretary and the General Counsel have a key role in supporting the board.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those who are aspiring to understand the scope of the role and responsibilities not only directors and also those who support boards e.g., Company Secretaries, In-House Counsel etc., Professionals who are directly involved in board support to help enable them to consider what practical steps they
can take to deliver better quality globally as well as domestically. Regulations in the area of corporate governance have increased and the risks of non-compliance are greater.
Participants should be able to gain insights into identifying:
• Legal and regulatory guidelines
• The role and responsibilities of the board and its committees and the governance context boards operate within
• Review what is essential for the board to be successful in preparing its duties
• Identify what is essential for any meeting to be successful
• Recognize common areas that can cause problems
• Formulate key actions on how to assist the board in performing its role effectively
• Responsibilities of the Company Secretary
• Compliance Functions of the Company Secretary
• Legal framework
• Supporting Boards: Board Meetings, General Meetings and Information Flows
• How to make the most of meetings
• Common problem areas
• The role of the Chairman or Lead Director
• The Company Secretary as a conduit of Information to the Board
• The Company Secretary, shareholders and stakeholders
• Qualifications and skills of the Company Secretary
Nausheen Ahmad, General Counsel, Company Secretary & Head of Corporate Communication and Public Affairs of ICI Pakistan Ltd. She began her legal practice with the corporate law firm Surridge and Beecheno and later, went on to hold the position of legal counsel at Pakistan Petroleum Ltd, Unilever Pakistan Ltd, and ICI Pakistan Ltd before moving onto HBL as the Company Secretary and General Counsel. She currently works for ICI Pakistan Ltd.
Nausheen has an LLM degree from the University of London, an LLB from King’s College London, and a degree in the Philosophy of Religion from King’s College London. She was called to the Bar from the Honorable Society of Grays Inn London and is registered as an Advocate of the Sindh High Court. She was also accredited mediator and master trainer by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution, UK.
Throughout her professional career, she has held several leadership positions including Non-Executive Director of First Women Bank Limited (FWBL) and led setting up the Pakistan Mortgage Refinance Company (PMRC), Legal and regulatory committees of the Pakistan Bank Association and the Pakistan Business Council. With her strong interest in Corporate Governance, she has been undertaking training assignments with the Pakistan Mediators Association, SZABIST and IBA, Karachi.
Attendee Information Collection type - each_attendee
Attendee Information to collect - Full name , Email address , Phone Number , Website
Event tags - Workshop
on the - specific_time
Day Number - First