Financial Management Diploma
The diploma course aims at developing skills set needed to efficiently plan, manage and arrange finances in private or public sector enterprises. It entails understanding, analyzing and forecasting key financial statements, budgeting, evaluating replacement and expansion projects, managing working capital and comprehending the dynamics of various types of financing.
All modules will be highly interactive with focus on reinforcement of concepts through case studies and experiential learning.
• Introduction of Course
• Importance of Financial Management
• Basics of Financial Accounting
• Interpretation and Analysis of Balance Sheet, Income Statement and
• Evaluation of Performance through Ratio Analysis
• Basics of Time Value of Money
• Measurement of Risk and Return
• Calculation of Cost of Capital
• Valuation of Debt and Equity
• Basics of Capital Budgeting
• Working Capital Management
• Financial Planning
• Business Plan
On successful completion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Appreciate various aspects of financial management;
• Develop and interpret key financial statements;
• Assess financial performance of the business in comparison with peers and over various time intervals through ratio analysis;
• Understand techniques used for making financing and investment decisions;
• Ensure availability of cash through efficient management of working capital;
• Develop a monthly budget for a 12-month period;
• Forecast financial statements in line with operational and strategic plans
• Develop a business plan to evaluate the feasibility of the project
• Develop essential level of excel skills
Who Should Attend?
• Finance Managers
• Business analysts
• Aspiring finance managers
• Finance students
• University graduates
Assistant Professor & HoD Finance Department, IoBM
Tazeen holds Mphil in Business Administration as well as Masters and Bachelors degree in Business Administration from Institute of Business Management. She is currently pursuing PHD in Business Management. She has over seventeen years of experience in corporate sector and academia. She worked for Saudi Pak Leasing, SMEDA and various reputed business schools as visiting faculty before joining IoBM as permanent faculty. Besides teaching Accounting & Finance courses, she is also actively involved in capstone projects where she has supervised more than twelve projects related to Financial Institutions and Markets. She is also faculty advisor of Finance Society of IoBM and has been performing the duties of the Coordinator – BBA program for the last five years.
Financial Consultant and Visiting Faculty, IBA
Shazia Farooq, CFA: Shazia is an accomplished and versatile professional with 24 years of blended consulting, banking, teaching and training experience. Her unique mix of industry and consulting experience is a strong advantage towards adding value to her training assignments. She brings a global perspective, having worked as an off-shore consultant for ICD, private sector development arm of Islamic Development Bank (IDB) for seven years advising on development of investee institutions in several member countries. Furthermore, she has been involved with Centre for Excellence in Islamic Finance established at IBA as a consultant. To date she has trained 400 professionals under various finance related training programs initiated by IFMP (training arm of SECP), NIBAF and USAID. Previously she was associated with blue chip institutions including Meezan Bank, Ferguson Associates, Global Securities (at the time it was affiliated with Union Bank of Switzerland) and Lahore University of Management Sciences. She has taught at leading business schools including IBA, IoBM and SZABIST. Shazia was involved in compilation of a book on “Case Studies in Islamic Finance and Shari’ah Compliance” at CEIF IBA and has authored several research papers.