Teachnology Teaching and Learning with Technology
Information and communication technologies (ICT) practices in education refer to what students and teachers know and do and how they interact with new technologies inside and outside of school to make meaning and learn. Rarely, especially in the current era, can education be separated from ICT practices. Debates over 21st century learning aside, ICT practices are now central to how and what learners and teachers know and do.
This course will provide the participants with hands on practice of understanding the appropriate use of technology in the milieu of education. Moreover, it will help
participants to plan, design, integrate and evaluate the technology for educational program development. Use of webinars, moodle, blogs etc will be introduced to the
participants. Furthermore the course provides a depth of experiences ranging from analyzing and producing educational media, and from various literacies—
aesthetic, critical, ethical, communicative, media, and technological— to the hard and soft skills of learning and teaching with ICTs.
Moreover, this course is a commitment to the theoretical Underpinning of ICT in Education holistically.
In particular, this course provides an effective balance of the analysis, critique, production, and management of media and digital technologies in and for education.
• Identify and describe the key aspects of modern Information and Communication Technologies
• Know the 21st century Academic Achievement skills (teaching and learning ) and approaches
• Understand the developmental era of Web 1.0 to Web 4.0 technologies
• Understand the purpose of transforming education to meet the challenge of 21st century needs.
• Explore new and innovative technological tools used for educational purposes.
• Learn to implement a variety of educational technologies inside and outside the classrooms.
• Identify and debate the broader societal issues (ethical and safe use) and emerging trends relating to ICT
• Design better and more interactive lesson plans facilitated by technology.
• Deliver interactive content to your students using different technological tools and applications.
• Make learning fun and engaging for your students
• Should have good English language proficiency skills.
• Must have basic IT skills.
• Must have knowledge of social media, internet browsing etc.
Approach to the Course
This course is a unique blend of theory and practice that
• Blended learning (face-to-face and online)
• Group Discussions
• Videos and case studies
• Independent study
• Practical work
• Face-to-face and online participation
• Individual and group assignments
• Peer reviews
• Reflective journaling
• Final Project
Certificate of Completion by Institute of Business Management and LearnTech.pk
Endorsed Certificate by Learning Resource Network1 (LRN) Global UK
Dr. Kamal Ahmed Soomro
Assistant Professor holds a Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in Instructional Design and Technology from West Virginia University, USA
Dr. Kamal Ahmed Soomro, an Assistant Professor holds a Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in Instructional Design and Technology from West Virginia University, USA. He was awarded Ph.D. scholarship for doctoral studies in the United States by USAID under Training for Pakistan Project. His research interests include investigations on the digital divide in educational settings and effective use of ICT to enhance teaching-learning process. He has fifteen years of teaching
experience at diversified levels. Dr. Soomro has published several articles in high-ranking international journals.
He has presented his research in Harvard University, AERA, and national conferences. American Psychological Association (APA) has included the FICTA scale, a
quantitative instrument developed by him, in the APA PsycNet record. His scale has already been translated into Turkish language and has been used in Russian,
Indonesian, Malaysian, and Pakistani contexts by other researchers. He is an HEC Approved Ph.D. Supervisor and also an Associate Editor of the Journal of Education and Educational Development (JoEED) which is an HEC recognized Y-category journal. He is on the editorial/review board of several other research journals in the field of education.
Nur Ali Tejani
Director and CEO of LearnTech.pk (Private) Limited
Nur Ali Tejani is the Director and CEO of LearnTech.pk (Private) Limited. He is also an Executive Director and Partner of LearnIn. He is also working as Consutant, Educational and Digital Technology with University of Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan). Nur Ali is currently visiting faculty at Iqra University. He has over 20 years of experience in the field of instructional technology. His role as an Educational Technologist is to support the use of technology as a tool that integrates with the curriculum and enhances student learning. He works closely with curriculum teams, school leadership, teachers, and library services to ensure that innovative instructional pedagogies transform classroom practices. He has extensive experience in designing and implementing capacity building programs for integrating Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or Digital Literacy in Education across the curriculum from primary years to K-12 and with Universities.
He is also a certified master trainer of:
1. British Council for delivering
a. 21st Century core skills for teachers and educational leaders
b. Training for School Management, Principals and Head Teachers
2. Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert and Trainer (holding this for last 5 years)
3. Intel Teach to the Future Program – Project based Learning His role as Learning and Development is to integrate the Learning Management System (LMS) in the corporate and education organizations. To add to it Nur Ali along with his team also specialized in developing eLearning content, self-paced online learning material
along with interactive facilitated online learning. Furthermore, they bring the concept of gamification and microlearning videos (whiteboard, character animation, live action etc.) for more engagement with the content and make it valuable and purposeful.
Attendee Information Collection type - each_attendee
Attendee Information to collect - Full name , Email address , Phone Number , Website
Event tags - Workshop
on the - specific_time
Day Number - first